Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Asian/ American movies comparison?

OK so there's been a couple of asian movies that has been remade into american (version) movies. For anyone who has seen both - which one do you think is better? the asian version or american version? and why?



Ringu - The Ring

Ringu 2 - The Ring 2

Ju-On - The Grudge

Gin gwai - The Eye

Honogurai mizu no soko kara - Dark Water

Shutter (Thai version) - Shutter (American version) - releasing March 21, 2008.

Infernal Affairs - The Departed

Il Mare - The Lake House

Nankyoku Monogatari (South Pole Story) - Eight Below or Antarctica



Let me know what you think! Thanks.Asian/ American movies comparison?I almost always enjoy the Asian ver. more than the American ver. but I may be biased since I'm Japanese. %26gt;%26lt;



Ringu was one of the scariest J horror movies, although the remake was good, the Japanese version was so original.



I preferred Ju-On over The Grudge b/c it wasn't just about making you jump (like the American ver.) but I felt it went deeper.



I never really like The Eye (either ver.) but I thought there were some truly silly parts in the American ver. ; people were actually laughing in the theatre.



Shutter may be the scariest movie I've ever seen. It had everything. It was terrifying, but also heart wrenching. I doubt the American ver. can live up to it, but we'll see.



And lastly, the Korean ver of Il Mare was beautiful... maybe b/c Ji-hyeon Jeon (from My Sassy Girl) is amazing haha. Keanu Reeves is a little annoying to me %26gt;%26lt;Asian/ American movies comparison?I don't like the American versions. They are bland and watered down.



The worst American remake has to be "Shall We Dance" with J-Lo and Richard Gere who had as much chemistry as flat soda and stale bread.



They totally removed to societal dynamics in the Asian version so it was like... wow... he's an uptight business guy and he dances at night... like we don't dance here in the U.S.!Asian/ American movies comparison?---%26gt;Shutter (Thai verision vs. American Version)%26lt;---

my friend said she watched the american version of shutter...it was dull..i saw the preview and it seemed gay and dumb......i heard from other people as well that the thai version is better.......i recommend the thai verision.....it is so much better and scarier tha american remake



---%26gt;One Missed Call (jap. verision vs Am. version)%26lt;---

one of my other friend also went to watch one missed call......said that the ghost or monster was gay.....it wasn't even scary she was laughing throughout the whole movie at theaters with her brother.......i have the original one......i'm pretty sure that i nevered finished it.........let me guess thurs gonna be one missed called two and final......please if anyone is gonna watch the american one.......go to crunchyroll.com (need to be a member) and watch it thur....it is so much scarier than the american version....

No comments:

Post a Comment