Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Do you know where I can find American movies in the Greek Language with English subtitles?!?!?

I am trying to learn Greek for the next time I visit my family, so I want to try to watch a movie that I already know, but is in the Greek language. Thanks!!!Do you know where I can find American movies in the Greek Language with English subtitles?!?!?American movies are dubbed regionally, so that American movies in Hungary typically have Hungarian, Czech, Polish, and Slovak versions along with the English. So you need to find an outlet in Greece or southeastern Europe. The movies will not play on your American DVD player, however, so you'll need to purchase a PAL format DVD player with a video converter (since European TVs have a slightly different shape). I don't have a video converter so my PAL movies from Hungary, Poland, and Ukraine are a little stretched vertically on my American TV.



LATER EDIT: Actually, I seem to recall that "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" has Greek as a language option on the US DVD (no need for a new DVD player).

No comments:

Post a Comment