Saturday, February 18, 2012

Why Are American 'Horror' Movies So Not Scary?

We should take advice from the japenese. They know how to make scary movies. All the scary movies from here are all really lame(Stay Alive ha) or really gross(Silent Hill, Saw 2+). It's pathetic.



Question is, Have you ever seen an American movie that truly scared you, not just creeped you out, and not just scared you as a child either? What was it?Why Are American 'Horror' Movies So Not Scary?i kinda agree with you. right now yeah i havent seen any horror movie worth watching. it seems like were remaking alot of japenese horror movies right now. you know with the white faced ghost who walks funny, like the ring, the grudge, uhh and well you know all the movies im talking about. but we do have some pretty good older movies. my personal favorite is In The Mouth Of Madness. that movie is dope.Why Are American 'Horror' Movies So Not Scary?
I think American cinema in general is lacking, though I find the independent world to still be pretty impressive. I agree that Japan is probably the best at producing horror films right now, but America is just taking those films and remaking them into s**t, with bad actors who look like A%26amp;F models. Movies don't generally scare me for some reason, I guess since I know it's fiction. The only thing I can recall right now, is that when I was little those two little girls in The Shining freaked me out.Why Are American 'Horror' Movies So Not Scary?You're absolutely right. I haven't come across an American horror movie that gives me the creeps. The closest one is 'Ghost Ship' but it's still nothing compared to Japanese horrors.Why Are American 'Horror' Movies So Not Scary?
America always used sex appealWhy Are American 'Horror' Movies So Not Scary?I thought 1408 was good.
  • electric car
  • boggle online
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment