Saturday, February 18, 2012

How do Japanese storylines in movies compare to American?

I love Japanese drama but I don't like Japanese movies so much. Usually the storyline of many Japanese movies are very confusing. Japanese people have a tendency to be very philosophical and because they want to be philosophical, simple peoeple like me have a hard time to be able to understand the point of the movies by watching the movies only one time. So I need to watch the movies over and over to be able to understand what the point of the movies is. I know that some American movies are like that, too. For example, "Stay" was actually hard for me to follow by seeing it just one time.



But still I prefer American movies because the storyline is "usually" much easier and simpler to follow like the storyline of Japanese drama.How do Japanese storylines in movies compare to American?there lots of movie i cant say man. besides i dont see much japanese movie except for kitano takeshi's. if i limit to his movie, i'd say his movie is not like wam bam thank you maam type movie, which is what you see alot in hollywood movies. plus it's not like there isnt always good vs evil type of plot where most of the time the good guys win. but i enjoy hollywood movie to an extent.How do Japanese storylines in movies compare to American?Usually, as far as anime that I have seen goes, the storylines always have an important theme, but they really go outside the box. You should watch A Hayao Miyazaki film (Spirited away, Princess mononke) and compare it to a Disney movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment